DIVERSE OPTIONS CBRF TRAINING PROGRAM
DHS 83.20 DEPARTMENT APPROVED TRAINING
STANDARD PRECAUTIONS (2 HOURS)
FIRE SAFETY (4 HOURS)
AMERICAN RED CROSS FIRST AID AND CHOKING (4 HOURS)
MEDICATIONS ADMINISTRATION (10 HOURS)
DHS 83.21 ALL EMPLOYEE TRAINING
- RESIDENTIAL RIGHTS AND GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES (4 HOURS)
To include: House Rules, coercion, retaliation, confidentiality, restraints, self-determination and CBRF's complaint and grievance procedures.
- CLIENT GROUP - Training must be specific to client group served and include physical, social and mental health needs of the client group.
1. DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES (2 HOURS)
2. AGING AND ALZHEIMER'S (2 HOURS)
To include: Training on characteristics of the client group, activity abilities, safety risks, environmental considerations, disease processes, communications skills, nutritional needs, and vocational abilities.
- RECOGNIZING, PREVENTING, MANAGING, RESPONDING TO CHALLENGING BEHAVIORS (4 HOURS)
To include: Elopement, aggressive behaviors, destruction of property, suicide prevention, self-injurious behavior, resident supervision and changes in condition.
DHS 83.22 TASK SPECIFIC TRAINING
- ASSESSMENT OF RESIDENTS (1 HOUR)
To include: (a) Assessment methodology, (b) Assessment changes of condition, (c) Sources of assessment information, (d) Documentation of the assessment.
- INDIVIDUAL SERVICE PLAN-If responsibile responsible developing (1 HOUR)
To include: (a) Identification of the resident needs and desired outcomes, (b) Development of goals and interventions, (c) Service Plan evaluation and review of progress.
- DIETARY TRAINING (3 HOURS)
To include: (a) Determining dietary needs, (b) Menu planning, (c) Food preparation and food sanitation.
DHS 83-25 15 HOURS ANNUALLY OF CONTINUED EDUCATION FOR CBRF RESIDENT ASSISTANTS AND 8 HOURS ANNUALLY FOR AFH RESIDENT ASSISTANTS